$50.00Visit product page →
A leash is one of the most essential safety accessories for open water paddling. That is why we developed the MOCKE Life Line Calf Leash with very deliberate features and specifications for open water paddling, downwind as well as leisure paddling.
The Mocke Life Line Calf Leash is a one-piece leash designed with a unique quick rip release and attach system.
By strategically placing a prominent pull tab next to the swivel attachment you can be sure to easily release or attach the calf strap.
Made from 8mm, coiled polyurethane, and boasting a double-swivel system, this leash highly durable ready for any situation.
- Specifically designed calf strap keeps swivel point and release tab front and centre
- Prominent, easy to locate Rip Release Tab
- Double swivel design prevents twisting and tangling
- 2 Metre length, 8mm high stretch polyurethane
- Coiled polyurethane for compactness
- High density, cross-weaved webbing
- Extra strong construction to ensure ultimate reliability
- Velcro and string attachment point for multiple versions to attach
- Rinse your MOCKE Life Line with fresh water after every use to ensure continued optimal functionality.
- Always inspect your Life Line before paddling.
- Practice attaching and releasing the calf strap before use.
- This device is designed as an OPEN WATER TETHER ONLY.
- IT IS NOT DESIGNED to be load or force bearing and will snap under load or force.
- DO NOT USE IT AS A SURFING LEASH IN BREAKING WAVES.
- Train yourself to not lose your craft in the event of capsizing without relying on a leash. That is your primary safety responsibility. Your leash is only a fall-back safety option when capsizing.
$55.00 $45.00Visit product page →
The Mocke Wave Deflector is a piece of equipment that no serious downwind paddler should be without. This simple but very effective tool keeps excess water out of your cockpit by deflecting the flow as it pours over your surfski’s nose and front deck. This is of course an obvious benefit.
The Mocke Wave Deflector is stuck on using duct tape. One sticks the leading edge down onto the deck. One can also use velcro for an easier to “put on and remove” option. Others have gone the permanent route and use epoxy.
$10.00Visit product page →
A weed deflector makes sure you don’t get any unwanted resistance stuck to the front of your rudder while paddling.
Many paddlers like to have things stuck there to make them stronger…or to have an excuse…but mostly, and especially when racing, you want to make sure you can maintain maximum speed.
Any kind of weed, sea grass or plastic packet just won’t help your cause.
$20.00Visit product page →
Ensure a more comfortable fit in your surfski or kayak.
Our generic and ergonomically shaped seat pad fits most paddle craft seats.
It has a self adhesive backing which makes it simple to stick down.
Made from 10mm thick PVA foam, our Seat Pad is designed to minimize the onset of dreaded “dead leg” and provide maximum all-round comfort.
Dimensions: 35 × 26 × 1 cm
- Adjustable attachment
- 1cm PVA foam
- Ergonomic design
- Before removing backing first press seat pad into the seat to assess placing position
- Pad should take the shape of the seat
- Ensure that the back of the pad (curved areas) are set midway up the back of the seat
- For best performance, clean the seat area properly before sticking down your seat pad adjusters
$15.00Visit product page →
Your surfski, K1 or kayak qualifies as an extended load when transported on your car and therefore requires a red or orange tail flag to be attached during transit. To this end we have designed a universal MOCKE Tail Flag, our coolest most versatile answer yet for obeying the law!
- Suitable for a wide range of surfski, K1, K2 and kayak models
- Easily attached and adjusted
- Bright orange and red colours adhere to traffic regulations
- Always pull the Tail Flag draw string as tight as possible to avoid loosing your flag during transit.
$35.00Visit product page →
The paddler's safety is a priority. Therefore our Dry Bag XL was designed with specific features to allow communication no matter the conditions and elements. ALWAYS take a cellphone with you when paddling offshore. This ensures you have communication in case of an emergency… or any other situation.
- 100% water proof and certified submersible up to 10m (IPX8 rated*)
- Fits and floats iPhone 6 Plus, Samsung Galaxy Note and similar size smart phones
- Allows full phone functionality when sealed i.e. take or make calls “through” the bag
- Crystal clear camera window allows you to capture epic moments on the water
- Includes drawstring for attaching the Dry Bag XL to your PFD.
- Made from durable Eco-Friendly TPU materials. 100% PVC free!
*This Dry Bag XL has been tested and rated according to the international standard IEC 60529 – “Degrees of Protection Provided by Enclosures”. IPX8 is the highest achievable rating for submersible enclosures.
- Insert your phone upside down so that when you have to use it hanging from your neck, it will be the correct way up.
- ALWAYS ensure proper closure of clamping system & check for obstructions that may compromise the seal.
- This Dry Bag XL is made from remarkably strong materials, but can still be damaged through incorrect use. Avoid putting sharp or abrasive objects like keys in your dry bag.
- After regular contact with salt water was in soapy water and rinse with fresh water.
- Test your dry bag on a regular basis by putting something worthless inside and submerging it in a basin to check for possible damage.
- Tip – Your wet hands could bring moisture into the dry bag. Inserting a moisture protector like a ball of cotton wool or a packet of silicone balls (found inside new shoe boxes) aids in keeping the inside dry.
$150.00Visit product page →
The Mocke Lifejacket was born out of a desire to help paddlers paddle at their best. If you love paddling (and competing) as much as we do, you’ll agree that you never want your equipment to hold you back. The Mocke Personal Flotation Device (PFD) was designed for that reason: to give you an inherently buoyant PFD that fitted and felt like you weren’t wearing anything, and that didn’t make you overheat while paddling.
The Mocke Racer Personal Flotation Device is designed to be competitive at the highest level. Our Racer PFD is ISO and SANS Type 5 Approved for all users. It is also approved by the International Canoeing Federation and features performance improvements to bring you a lighter, even cooler PFD!
2015 Performance Updates:
- We have obtained ICF approval for the 2015 Racer PFD
- We have increased the buoyancy from 50N to 60N, but you'll never notice.
- We removed the side panels to make our class-leading-temperature-cool PFD even cooler in the hottest conditions. This has also made the Racer PFD lighter.
- We altered the back pocket to ensure a more snug and supportive fit for hydration bladders.
- We re-designed the Racer shell with rounded corners and almost no seams. This ensures a much smoother & more comfortable user experience
- High visibility for maximum safety
- Large front utility pocket
- Back pocket and routing loops for hydration system
- Unique body moulding floatation system
- Integrated adjustment for a perfect fit
- Lightweight and quick wicking
- ISO tested and approved (EN ISO 12402-5)
- NRCS approved for South Africa (SANS 12402-5:2007)
- ICF approved
Donning: Loosen side straps and pull the Racer PFD over your head. Adjust straps on sides as well as at the shoulders to ensure a perfect fit. Do not adjust too tight, you need to breathe!
Care: Rinse your Racer PFD with clean fresh water after every use. Do not store your PFD in direct sunlight, always inspect your PFD before paddling.
Weight: 1.2 kg or 2.64 pounds
Dimensions: 36 cm x 36 cm x 7 cm or 14.2 inch x 14.2 inch x 2.75 inch
$35.00Visit product page →
SURFSKI with the Pros provides information that paddlers at all levels can use to improve their skills, helping you to progress from the moment that you put your ski on the water for the first time to the day when you are ready to compete in an event.
SURFSKI with the PRos by Kevin Brunette, is probably the best collected wisdom any newcomer to surf skiing could ever hope to come across.
It is a comprehensive overview of the things you need to consider before getting into the sport, including explaining all the trade offs between speed and stability in ski design, safety issues and equipment, basic and advanced skills and some race craft tips. Kevin has worked in conjunction with Dawid and Nikki Mocke to produce this book, so isn’t using only his own suggested approaches to the sport, rather he’s taking the wisdom and experienced of two of the world’s best paddlers and condensing it.
It is laid out in a very user friendly format – if you were an “advanced beginner”, you could probably skip to the race craft section to get the info you need. For me, with a grand total now of exactly 12 months paddling under my belt, I’ve gone through the whole thing several times cover to cover.
It mixes description with easy to understand diagrams, so if the explanation about how to perform a certain stroke or turn didn’t make perfect sense, a quick check of the corresponding diagram should clear it up.